The Challenge is now in its 14th season and, if the emails and teacher evaluations we receive are anything to go by, it is getting more popular than ever before! Our aims are simple; to help raise standards of achievement in mathematics across an age range of 8 to 16, to help motivate students generally, to show students of all abilities that maths can be fun and that there is a reason for doing it! Using tried and tested software that simulates the setting up of a racing car, students will encounter a variety of mathematical tasks (some practical) in an effort to win a series of races! The competitiveness of the Challenge will keep your students focussed for months! Just look at what is covered…
- Multiplication, Division
- Calculator work (or not!)
- Decimals, rounding, context
- Ratios, chance, risk, strategy
- Angles, measurement, scale
- Speed, distance, time
- Maths modelling… what happens if?
- Engine performance, aerodynamics, gears, suspension
- Team strategy, working together
- Interpreting graphs, statistics
- Data handling
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Maths Skills
- And can you imagine what you could achieve in your STEM Club as well?
The Challenge is now recognised as something that not only motivates both the students and teachers who take part, it also brings a freshness to the teaching and learning of mathematics across the board. Indeed, from teacher feedback, it has become clear that the Challenge, and what it is achieving, is stretching way beyond the maths classroom and into all walks of school life! Why not contact us today and let your students join in the fun?